CQI/IRCA FD116: ISO 9001:2015 Foundation
This course aims to provide delegates who have an existing, basic knowledge of, or experience in, quality management with an understanding of the management systems approach and the requirements of ISO 9001.
Successfully completing the CQI and IRCA Certified ISO 9001:2015 Foundation QMS Training course does not satisfy the training requirement to become an IRCA certificated auditor.
This is a 1 day course for 4-12 candidates and costs £300 + VAT per person.
This course is also available as a virtual course for 4-10 candidates and costs £300 + VAT per person.
Who Should Attend?
This course is aimed at those beginning their career in quality with an auditing role, quality engineers, technicians and similar. It provides a basis for delegates who wish to go on to complete CQI/IRCA Certified QMS Auditor Training courses.
Candidates should have an understanding of the PDCA cycle, the core elements of a management system, the fundamental concepts and the seven quality management principles, the relationship between quality management and customer satisfaction and quality management terms and definitions.
You will have the knowledge to:
- Explain the purpose of a quality management system, of quality management systems standards, and the business benefits of improved performance of the quality management system.
- Outline the structure and content of ISO 9001 and its relationship with ISO 9000.
- Recognize the specific quality management related requirements of ISO 9001
You will learn the skills to:
- Understand the processes involved in establishing, implementing, operating, monitoring, measuring, analysing, evaluating, reviewing, maintaining, and improving a quality management system, including the significance of these for QMS auditors.
- Outline, with reference to the PDCA cycle and the model of a process-based quality management system, the structure and content of ISO 9001.
- Make reference to the seven quality principles, explain the relationship between ISO 9001 requirements and ISO 9000.
Frequently Asked Questions
What does IRCA and CQI stand for?
IRCA and CQI stand for International Register of Certificated Auditors and Chartered Quality Institute. The CQI exists to make society better by supporting excellence in, and the widespread adoption of, quality management. IRCA is the leading professional body for management systems auditors.
Where can I buy a copy of the standard?
Standards can be purchased from BSI http://shop.bsigroup.com
How can I pay for my course?
We accept the following methods of payment, BACS transfer, credit/debit card and cheque made payable to “TPT Consultancy & Training Ltd”. Please see our terms and conditions for further details.
Do you offer in-house training?
Yes, all our training courses can be delivered in house for your team, we also offer a bespoke training option if you need the training tailored to your organisation or specific requirements.
Are training materials provided?
Yes, all delegates will receive a comprehensive set of training materials to can take away at the end of the course. We will also provide loan copies of the necessary standards for use during the course
Where are your open training courses held?
All our open training courses are held at our bespoke training facility; Orbit Business Centre, Merthyr Tydfil. For an overview of the venue please click here.
Do you have a residential option?
We don’t offer a residential option, but if you require accommodation during your training please contact us and we can provide you with a list of recommended local hotels.
Are refreshments provided during the open courses?
Yes, refreshments throughout the day and a buffet lunch will be provided. If you have any dietary requirements, please make sure to tell us prior to the course start so that we can provide suitable catering.