AIAG and VDA FMEA – What’s Changed?
This one-day course provides an overview of the new methodology used to develop both design and process FMEA in line with the methods specified in the AIAG & VDA Failure Mode and Effects Analysis FMEA Handbook Edition 1. Taking delegates through the new 7 step approach using practical examples.
This is a 1 day course for 6-12 candidates and costs £250 + VAT per person.
Who Should Attend?
Anyone wishing to understand the key changes associated with the new AIAG and VDA FMEA, IATF 16949 auditors, anyone interested in learning more about the new FMEA, and anyone involved in the implementation of IATF 16949.
You should be able to demonstrate the following minimum competencies prior to attending the course:
- An understanding of the previous AIAG FMEA 4th Edition
- Applicable IATF 16949 requirements related to product and/or process development
You will have the knowledge to:
Identify the activities involved in the new 7 step approach including:
- System analysis – Planning & preparation, Structure analysis, and Function analysis
- Failure analysis and risk mitigation – Failure analysis, Risk analysis, and Optimization
- Risk communication – Results documentation
- Assign severity occurrence and detection rankings using the new tables
- Prioritize actions using the Action Priority Tables (AP)
- Link COQ to FMEA activity
You will learn the skills to:
- Participate as a team member in the development of the AIAG & VDA FMEA
- Understand the steps involved to apply the new 7 step approach
There are no AIAG and VDA FMEA – What’s Changed? courses currently scheduled. If you are interested in this course, please contact us using the details below for more information about course availability.
Frequently Asked Questions
How can I pay for my course?
We accept the following methods of payment, BACS transfer, credit/debit card and cheque made payable to “TPT Consultancy & Training Ltd”. Please see our terms and conditions for further details.
Are training materials provided?
Yes, all delegates will receive a comprehensive set of training materials to can take away at the end of the course. We will also provide loan copies of the necessary standards for use during the course
Do you offer in-house training?
Yes, all our training courses can be delivered in house for your team, we also offer a bespoke training option if you need the training tailored to your organisation or specific requirements.
Where are your open training courses held?
All our open training courses are held at our bespoke training facility; Orbit Business Centre, Merthyr Tydfil. For an overview of the venue please click here.
Are refreshments provided during the open courses?
Yes, refreshments throughout the day and a buffet lunch will be provided. If you have any dietary requirements, please make sure to tell us prior to the course start so that we can provide suitable catering.