AIAG and VDA PFMEA
This course provides you with a hands-on approach using a Case Study to develop a PFMEA using the new methodology in line with the methods specified in the AIAG VDA Failure Mode and Effects Analysis FMEA Handbook Edition 1. The course takes delegates through the new 7 step approach using the Case Study which allows delegates to practice each of the 7 steps.
This is a 2 day course for 6-12 candidates and costs £500 + VAT per person.
This course is also available as a virtual course for 2 or more candidates and costs £500 + VAT per person.
Who Should Attend?
Anyone involved in process development activities, either as a team member or leading the activities, IATF 16949 auditors, anyone interested in learning more about new AIAG and VDA FMEA, IATF 16949 auditors, and anyone involved in the implementation and maintenance of IATF 16949.
You should be able to demonstrate the following minimum competencies prior to attending the course:
- An understanding of the previous AIAG FMEA 4th Edition
- Applicable IATF 16949 requirements related to product and/or process development
You will have the knowledge to:
- Recognize the purpose, objectives of the AIAG and VDA FMEA and the 7 step approach
- Participate in the new 7 step approach including:
- System analysis – Planning and preparation, structure analysis, and function analysis
- Failure analysis and risk mitigation – Failure analysis, risk analysis, and optimization
- Risk communication – Results documentation
You will learn the skills to:
- Assign severity occurrence and detection rankings using the new tables based on data provided from the Case Study
- Prioritize actions using the action priority tables (AP)
- Develop the COQ from the process FMEA activity taking account of company level data affected by the PFMEA
There are no AIAG and VDA PFMEA courses currently scheduled. If you are interested in this course, please contact us using the details below for more information about course availability.
This course is also available as an eCourse for £500 + VAT. With no deadlines or time restrictions, our eCourses are designed to be completed online at your own pace and our costs are inclusive of materials, issue of certificate and tutor support.
For more information or to enrol onto the course please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or via the form below.
Frequently Asked Questions
How can I pay for my course?
We accept the following methods of payment, BACS transfer, credit/debit card and cheque made payable to “TPT Consultancy & Training Ltd”. Please see our terms and conditions for further details.
Are training materials provided?
Yes, all delegates will receive a comprehensive set of training materials to can take away at the end of the course. We will also provide loan copies of the necessary standards for use during the course
Do you offer in-house training?
Yes, all our training courses can be delivered in house for your team, we also offer a bespoke training option if you need the training tailored to your organisation or specific requirements.
Where are your open training courses held?
All our open training courses are held at our bespoke training facility; Orbit Business Centre, Merthyr Tydfil. For an overview of the venue please click here.
Are refreshments provided during the open courses?
Yes, refreshments throughout the day and a buffet lunch will be provided. If you have any dietary requirements, please make sure to tell us prior to the course start so that we can provide suitable catering.