Course IDs: 1893, 1842, 4828, 1954 & 1851
This eCourse bundle provides learners with a basic awareness and understanding of a broad range of skills and knowledge related to quality and auditing and covers an introduction to problem solving, risk management, change management, process design and management systems. eCourses allow for flexible learning in terms of timing, location and duration so learners can study in a way which works for them.
- FD102: Introduction to Problem Solving
- FD103: Introduction to Risk Management
- FD104: Introduction to Change Management
- FD106: Introduction to Process Design
- FD107: Introduction to Management Systems
Who Should Attend?
Our foundation courses are designed specifically for learners who are new to quality, or who work in other functions or professions.
As these courses are for beginners, there are no formal requirements for learners studying CQI/IRCA foundation courses.
You will have the knowledge to:
- Describe several methodologies for problem solving
- Explain how risks are evaluated from a stakeholder/customer point of view
- Describe organizational change, values and cultures
- Define a process that reflects the flow down of customer and stakeholder requirements, including compliance
- Understand how a management system is structured and give examples of typical frameworks
You will learn the skills to:
- Support the team leader to identify effective actions to resolve problems and to use tools to address root causes
- Identify several ways that a team can generate ideas to determine potential hazards/risks
- Use the knowledge of learning patterns to implement change
- Ensure that processes are well defined and standardised such that they reflect management intent and enable effective audit of performance and risks
- Become a quality advocate and systems thinker