Course ID: 1893
This CQI/IRCA certified FD102: Introduction to Problem Solving course will provide learners with understanding of the fundamental tools, techniques and structured methodologies for problem solving. Learners will leave the course with the capability to participate as a member of a problem-solving team in the application of the key tools within a small scope business problem or task, enabling them to support the development of robust and sustainable solutions.
Who Should Attend?
This course is aimed at learners participating as a member of a team in the application of the key tools related to problem solving in an organisation.
There are no specific requirements for attending this course.
FD102: Introduction to Problem Solving currently does not have any dates scheduled. If you are interested in this course, please click below to get in touch with us so we can organise a date for you.Get in touch
You will have the knowledge to:
- Describe several methodologies for problem solving
- List the benefits and limitations of different problem solving methodologies
- List the reasons it is important to include the customer/stakeholder requirements when defining a problem
- Describe how risk management is applied throughout the supply chain
- List the benefits of standardisation and process management
- Describe the tools used in problem solving
You will learn the skills to:
- Participate in team activities to assess risks from a customer/stakeholder point of view
- Support the team leader in the identification of customer and stakeholder requirements as part of the scoping of problem-solving activities
- Support the team leader to identify effective actions to resolve problems and to use tools to address root causes
- Recognize when the supply chain needs to be involved in effective problem solving
- Contribute to the implementation of change resulting from problem solving activities
- Support the team leader in selecting the most appropriate improvement tools and techniques for the problem solving activity