Course ID: 1851
This CQI/IRCA certified FD107: Introduction to Management Systems will allow trained practitioners to bring added value to the change and continual improvement process. This course will provide learners with an awareness of management systems in general. Learners will leave the course with the capability to explain to others how customer and stakeholder requirements relevant to their organisation can be used to develop a management approach focused on sustaining improvement in customer satisfaction.
Who Should Attend?
This course is aimed at learners who wish to develop practical skills development in management systems in the context of process management.
There are no pre-requisites for attending this course as it is an introduction.
FD107: Introduction to Management Systems currently does not have any dates scheduled. If you are interested in this course, please click below to get in touch with us so we can organise a date for you.Get in touch
You will have the knowledge to:
- Understand how a management system is structured and give examples of typical frameworks
- Understand the importance of customer/stakeholder understanding
- Describe the different levels of improvement and how they integrate into a management system
- Understand how a management system framework can be extended through the supply chain
You will learn the skills to:
- Describe how measures are used for evaluation and how they relate to the PDCA cycle
- Become a quality advocate and systems thinker
- Define corrective action, continual improvement, breakthrough change, innovation and re-organisation
- Identify external and internal issues
- Give examples of how the product and services that define scope are documented