Course ID: 2482
This 1 day course aims to provide learners who have an existing, basic knowledge of, or experience in, environmental management with an understanding of the management systems approach and the requirements of ISO 14001, and to provide a basis for learners who wish to go on to complete CQI and IRCA Certified EMS Auditor Training courses. Successfully completing the CQI and IRCA Certified ISO 14001:2015 Foundation (EMS) Training course does not satisfy the training requirement to become an IRCA certified auditor.
Who Should Attend?
This course is aimed at those beginning their career in environmental management with an auditing role, quality engineers, technicians and similar.
Recommended prior knowledge:
a) Management systems
- The Plan, Do, Check, Act (PDCA) cycle
- The core elements of a management system and the interrelationship between top management responsibility, policy, objectives, planning, implementation, measurement, review, and continual improvement.
b) Environmental management
- The intended outcomes of an environmental management system:
- Enhancement of environmental performance
- Fulfilment of compliance obligations
- Achievement of environmental objectives.
c) Environmental management terms and definitions
- An understanding of commonly used environmental management terms and definitions.
FD113: ISO 14001:2015 Foundation currently does not have any dates scheduled. If you are interested in this course, please click below to get in touch with us so we can organise a date for you.Get in touch
You will have the knowledge to:
- Explain the purpose of an environmental management system, of environmental management systems standards, and the business and societal benefits of improved environmental performance
- Outline the structure and content of ISO 14001
- Explain the specific environmental management related requirements of ISO 14001
- Explain the terms and definitions used in ISO 14001
You will learn the skills to:
- Outline the processes involved in establishing, implementing, operating, monitoring, measuring, analysing, evaluating, reviewing, maintaining, and improving an environmental management system, including the significance of these for EMS auditors
- Outline, with reference to the PDCA cycle, the structure and content of ISO 14001
- Explain the relationship between the external and internal issues, the relevant requirements of relevant interested parties, the actions to address risks and opportunities, and the quality management system processes needed to implement them
- Explain the purpose of the scope of an environmental management system and what should be considered when determining it