Course ID: 2518
The aim of this course is to provide learners with the knowledge and skills required to perform first, second and third-party audits of environmental management systems against ISO 14001, in accordance with ISO 19011 and ISO 17021, as applicable. Learners who successfully complete this CQI and IRCA Certified Lead Auditor (EMS) Training course successfully (within the five years prior to making an application to become a certificated auditor) will satisfy the training requirements for initial certification as an IRCA EMS auditor.
Who Should Attend?
This course satisfies the training requirements for those who wish to register with the IRCA auditor registration scheme. It is also essential for any serious environmental management practitioner involved in the design, management and implementation of an audit programme for internal, supplier and other external audits from customers and/or certification bodies.
Recommended prior knowledge:
a) Management systems
- The Plan, Do, Check, Act (PDCA) cycle
- The core elements of a management system and the interrelationship between top management responsibility, policy, objectives, planning, implementation, measurement, review, and continual improvement.
b) Environmental management
- The intended outcomes of an environmental management system:
- Enhancement of environmental performance
- Fulfilment of compliance obligations
- Achievement of environmental objectives.
c) ISO 14001
- Knowledge of the requirements of ISO 14001 and the commonly used environmental management terms and definitions, as given in ISO 14001, which may be gained by completing a CQI and IRCA Certified ISO 14001:2015 Foundation (EMS) training course or the equivalent.
|Date||Delivery Method||Cost (+VAT)|
|11th Dec 2023 – 15th Dec 2023||£1400||Select Date|
|15th Jan 2024 – 19th Jan 2024||£1350||Select Date|
|12th Feb 2024 – 16th Feb 2024||£1400||Select Date|
|11th Mar 2024 – 15th Mar 2024||£1350||Select Date|
|15th Apr 2024 – 19th Apr 2024||£1400||Select Date|
|13th May 2024 – 17th May 2024||£1350||Select Date|
|10th Jun 2024 – 14th Jun 2024||£1400||Select Date|
|15th Jul 2024 – 19th Jul 2024||£1350||Select Date|
|12th Aug 2024 – 16th Aug 2024||£1400||Select Date|
|16th Sep 2024 – 20th Sep 2024||£1350||Select Date|
|14th Oct 2024 – 18th Oct 2024||£1400||Select Date|
|11th Nov 2024 – 15th Nov 2024||£1350||Select Date|
|16th Dec 2024 – 20th Dec 2024||£1400||Select Date|
You will have the knowledge to:
- Explain the purpose of an environmental management system and the business and societal benefits of improving environmental performance
- Explain the role of an auditor to plan, conduct, report and follow up an environmental management system audit in accordance with ISO 19011 (and ISO 17021 where appropriate)
You will learn the skills to:
- Plan, conduct, report and follow up an audit of an environmental management system to establish conformity (or otherwise) with ISO 14001 and in accordance with ISO 19011 (and ISO 17021 where appropriate)