Course ID: 2547
The aim of this course is to provide delegates with the knowledge and skills required to perform first, second and third-party audits of environmental management systems against ISO 14001, in accordance with ISO 19011 and ISO 17021, as applicable. All references in this document to ISO standards are to the current versions unless otherwise stated.
Who Should Attend?
Delegates who complete this CQI and IRCA Certified ISO 14001:2015 Auditor Conversion (EMS) Training course successfully (within the five years prior to their application to become a certificated auditor) will satisfy part of the training requirements for initial certification as an IRCA EMS auditor.
a) Management systems
- The Plan, Do, Check, Act (PDCA) cycle
- The core elements of a management system and the interrelationship between top management responsibility, policy, objectives, planning, implementation, measurement, review, and continual improvement.
b) Environmental management
The intended outcomes of an environmental management system:
- Enhancement of environmental performance
- Fulfilment of compliance obligations
- Achievement of environmental objectives.
c) ISO 14001
Knowledge of the requirements of ISO 14001 and the commonly used environmental management terms and definitions, as given in ISO 14001, which may be gained by completing a CQI and IRCA Certified ISO 14001:2015 Foundation (EMS) training course or the equivalent.
You will have the knowledge to:
- Describe the purpose of an environmental management system and of environmental management systems standards
You will learn the skills to:
- Plan, conduct, report and follow up an audit of an environmental management system to establish conformity (or otherwise) with ISO 14001 and in accordance with ISO 19011 (and ISO 17021 where appropriate)