Course ID: 2559
The aim of this course is to provide delegates with the knowledge and skills required to perform first, second and third-party audits of occupational health and safety management systems against ISO 45001, in accordance with ISO 19011 and ISO/IEC 17021, as applicable. All references to ISO standards in this document are to the current versions, unless stated otherwise.
Who Should Attend?
Delegates who complete this CQI and IRCA Certified Auditor Conversion (OHSMS) Training course successfully (within the five years prior to making an application to become a certificated auditor) will satisfy the training requirements for initial certification as an IRCA OHSMS auditor.
- The Plan, Do, Check, Act (PDCA) cycle
- The core elements of a management system and the interrelationship between top management responsibility, policy, objectives, planning, implementation, measurement, review and continual improvement.
a) Occupational health and safety management
- The concepts of managing occupational health and safety through hazard identification, risk assessment and risk control and compliance with legal requirements and other requirements.
- The relationship between occupational health and safety management and the provision of safe and healthy workplaces, the prevention of work-related injury and ill health, and the proactive improvement of health and safety performance.
- Common examples of relevant national and local OH&S legislation and requirements
b) ISO 45001
Knowledge of the requirements of ISO 45001 and the commonly used occupational health and safety management terms and definitions, as given in ISO 45001, which may be gained by completing a CQI and IRCA Certified ISO 5001:2018 Foundation (OHSMS)Training course or equivalent.
c) Management systems audit
Knowledge of management systems audit through satisfactory completion of a CQI and IRCA Certified Lead Auditor Training course (or acceptable alternative) in another discipline.
|Date||Delivery Method||Cost (+VAT)|
|27th Nov 2023 – 29th Nov 2023||£1150||Select Date|
You will have the knowledge to:
- Explain the purpose of an occupational health and safety management system, of occupational health and safety management system standards, of management system audit, of third-party certification, and the business benefits of improved performance of the occupational health and safety management system
- Explain the role of an auditor to plan, conduct, report and follow up an occupational health and safety management system audit in accordance with ISO 19011 and ISO/IEC 17021, as appropriate
You will learn the skills to:
- Plan, conduct, report and follow-up an audit of an occupational health and safety management system to establish conformity (or otherwise) with ISO 45001, and in accordance with ISO 19011 and ISO/IEC 17021 where appropriate