Course ID: 2526
The aim of this course is to provide learners with the knowledge and skills required to perform first, second and third-party audits of occupational health and safety management systems against ISO 45001, in accordance with ISO 19011 and ISO/IEC 17021, as applicable. Learners who successfully complete this CQI and IRCA Certified ISO 45001:2018 Lead Auditor (OHSMS) Training course (within the five years prior to making an application to become a certificated auditor) will satisfy the training requirements for initial certification as an IRCA OHSMS auditor.
Who Should Attend?
This course satisfies the training requirements for those who wish to register with the IRCA auditor registration scheme. It is also essential for any serious occupational health and safety management practitioner involved in the design, management and implementation of an audit programme for internal, supplier and other external audits from customers and/or certification bodies.
Recommended prior knowledge:
a) Management systems
- The Plan, Do, Check, Act (PDCA) cycle
- The core elements of a management system and the interrelationship between top management responsibility, policy, objectives, planning, implementation, measurement, review and continual improvement.
b) Occupational health and safety management
- The concepts of managing occupational health and safety through hazard identification, risk assessment and risk control and compliance with legal requirements and other requirements.
- The relationship between occupational health and safety management and the provision of safe and healthy workplaces, the prevention of work-related injury and ill health, and the proactive improvement of health and safety performance.
- Common examples of relevant national and local OH&S legislation and requirements
c) ISO 45001
- Knowledge of the requirements of ISO 45001 and the commonly used occupational health and safety management terms and definitions, as given in ISO 45001, which may be gained by completing a CQI and IRCA Certified ISO 45001:2018 Foundation OHSMS training course or the equivalent.
|Date||Delivery Method||Cost (+VAT)|
|4th Dec 2023 – 8th Dec 2023||£1400||Select Date|
|22nd Jan 2024 – 26th Jan 2024||£1350||Select Date|
|26th Feb 2024 – 1st Mar 2024||£1400||Select Date|
|25th Mar 2024 – 29th Mar 2024||£1350||Select Date|
|22nd Apr 2024 – 26th Apr 2024||£1350||Select Date|
|20th May 2024 – 24th May 2024||£1400||Select Date|
|24th Jun 2024 – 28th Jun 2024||£1350||Select Date|
|22nd Jul 2024 – 26th Jul 2024||£1350||Select Date|
|19th Aug 2024 – 23rd Aug 2024||£1400||Select Date|
|23rd Sep 2024 – 27th Sep 2024||£1350||Select Date|
|21st Oct 2024 – 25th Oct 2024||£1400||Select Date|
|25th Nov 2024 – 29th Nov 2024||£1350||Select Date|
|16th Dec 2024 – 20th Dec 2024||£1400||Select Date|
You will have the knowledge to:
- Explain the purpose of an occupational health and safety management system, of occupational health and safety management system standards, of management system audit, of third-party certification, and the business benefits of improved performance of the occupational health and safety management system
- Explain the role of an auditor to plan, conduct, report and follow up an occupational health and safety management system audit in accordance with ISO 19011 and ISO/IEC 17021, as appropriate
You will learn the skills to:
- Plan, conduct, report and follow-up an audit of an occupational health and safety management system to establish conformity (or otherwise) with ISO 45001, and in accordance with ISO 19011 and ISO/IEC 17021 where appropriate