This course provides learners with an overview of the Production Part Approval Process (PPAP), and the generic PPAP process requirements for production parts as defined in the Production Part Approval reference manual.
Who Should Attend?
Anyone responsible for the submission of parts to customer(s) for production approval, those involved in the Advanced Product Quality Planning (APQP) process.
Learners should be able to explain ISO 9001 and IATF 16949 requirements which can be obtained by attending our requirements course. An understanding of IATF 16949 core tools, FMEA, SPC, APQP & Control Plan Methodology, and MSA (as this course is the culmination of all these tools) is also required.
Production Part Approval Process (PPAP) currently does not have any dates scheduled. If you are interested in this course, please click below to get in touch with us so we can organise a date for you.Get in touch
You will have the knowledge to:
- Identify PPAP submission requirements including customer-specifics
- Recognize when customer notification and submission is required
- Explain submission and levels of evidence required for each levels
- Determine documented information (records) to be retained and retention times
You will learn the skills to:
- Determine and agree PPAP notification and submission requirements with the customer
- Prepare and submit a PPAP to meet customer-specific requirements
- Review a PPAP submission for completion of all PPAP process requirements
- Understand the purpose of the Production Part Approval Process (PPAP)
- Determine when customer notification and submission is required
- Explain the PPAP process requirements and the submission levels of evidence (1-5)
- Recognize customer part submission status