Course ID: 2488
The aim of this course is to provide learners with the knowledge and skills required to perform an internal audit of part of an environmental management system based on ISO 14001 (or equivalent) and report on the effective implementation and maintenance of the management system in accordance with ISO 19011. Learners who successfully complete this ISO 14001:2015 Internal Auditor (EMS) course will satisfy part of the training requirements for initial certification as an IRCA Certificated EMS Internal Auditor. In addition to this course, learners must also complete a CQI and IRCA Certified ISO 14001:2015 Foundation (EMS) training course to meet the full training requirements for initial certification as an IRCA EMS Internal Auditor.
Who Should Attend?
This course is aimed at those auditing, maintaining or supervising ISO 14001:2015.
Recommended prior knowledge:
a) Management systems
- The Plan, Do, Check, Act (PDCA) cycle
- The core elements of a management system and the interrelationship between top management responsibility, policy, objectives, planning, implementation, measurement, review, and continual improvement.
b) Environmental management
- The intended outcomes of an environmental management system:
- Enhancement of environmental performance
- Fulfilment of compliance obligations
- Achievement of environmental objectives.
c) ISO 14001
- An understanding of the requirements of ISO 14001 and the commonly used environmental management terms and definitions, which may be gained by completing a CQI and IRCA Certified Introduction to audit ISO 14001 EMS Training course or equivalent.
|Date||Delivery Method||Cost (+VAT)|
|12th Dec 2023 – 13th Dec 2023||£800||Select Date|
|16th Jan 2024 – 17th Jan 2024||£750||Select Date|
|13th Feb 2024 – 14th Feb 2024||£800||Select Date|
|12th Mar 2024 – 13th Mar 2024||£750||Select Date|
|16th Apr 2024 – 17th Apr 2024||£800||Select Date|
|14th May 2024 – 15th May 2024||£750||Select Date|
|11th Jun 2024 – 12th Jun 2024||£800||Select Date|
|16th Jul 2024 – 17th Jul 2024||£750||Select Date|
|13th Aug 2024 – 14th Aug 2024||£800||Select Date|
|10th Sep 2024 – 11th Sep 2024||£750||Select Date|
|15th Oct 2024 – 16th Oct 2024||£800||Select Date|
|12th Nov 2024 – 13th Nov 2024||£750||Select Date|
|10th Dec 2024 – 11th Dec 2024||£800||Select Date|
You will have the knowledge to:
- Reference the Plan, Do, Check, Act cycle, explain the process-based environmental management system model for ISO 14001, and the role of internal audit in the maintenance and improvement of environmental management systems
- Explain the role and responsibilities of an auditor to plan, conduct, report and follow up an internal environmental management system audit, in accordance with ISO 19011
You will learn the skills to:
- Plan, conduct, report and follow up an internal audit of part of an environmental management system based on ISO 14001, and in accordance with ISO 19011